In addition to my posts here, I wrote some pieces on other blogs that I’m really proud of. Take a moment to read anything you may have missed — or read them again!
- HR Thru My 5 Year Old’s Eyes at the HR Virtual Cafe. I brought my daughter to the office with me not long ago. She thought HR was boring — and she’s not alone. Read how HR can spice up our reputation
- No No-Brainers at Performance I Create. There is no such thing as a “No Brainer.” Read why.
- The Handbook Doesn’t Say I Have To Do That at HR Tact. Just because there’s no rule doesn’t mean you should do it. HR has to help organizations check that behavior. Read how.
- Finding Diamonds in the Rough at In His Name HR. Sometimes we get so caught up in minor resume errors that we lose out on good talent. These tips will help you find the hidden gems in your applicants.
- Nipple Tape Doesn’t Cure Workplace Conflict at Blogging4Jobs. The words “Nipple Tape” are in the title. Nuff said … Ok. Seriously. It is one of the most pivotal and thought-provoking stories of my HR career. Check it out.
- Screw The BFOQ at Performance I Create. Learn how to create behavior-based job descriptions with these tips.
I am taking a little time off in preparation and celebration of my annual vacation and birthday-palooza! So I’ve lined up another great “Everything I Know About HR” series — and it is all about Star Wars!
Yes. That’s right. Star Wars … Trust me. It’s going to be fun and awesome!
Guests will be a few of my blogger friends from the Social Media team at the upcoming Illinois State Conference. It is going to be a fantastic event and there’s still time to register!! Check out the details along with bios on the speakers and bloggers here.
Never fear. I’ll be back in a couple weeks with all new content. In the meanwhile, may the force be with you!